View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 11:18 PM   #1
velobabe
Mommy's Lil' Piper Cub

Cry My Heart Is Heavy Right Now

We've decided to place our female Boxer, Luna, with another couple. She is a beautiful girl with a lot of spunk and we love her so much but she requires so much more time and training that we don't have to give her right now. She is 6 months old now and try as we might nothing is improving with her housetraining and her destructiveness. We asked a close friend of ours who has 2 Boxers if they would like to have her but they weren't able to take her but knew of a friend who is looking for a female for a companion to their male. They had a female but she died of cancer. We take her this evening to meet them and if all goes well she'll be staying. I feel so sad and like a horrible Mommy I will miss her so but I know it's for the best for all of us. She is a good girl but just requires the majority of attention and with the other 3 dogs and our 1 year old son we don't have as much attention to give that she seems to need. My Hubby is hurting too but he is the one that has to deal with cleaning up the majority of her messes. And we just bought our home a little more than 5 months ago and she has done so much damage to it despite having 101 different chew toys. With this couple she'll have more one-on-one interaction and I pray will be spoiled rotten by them. They are thinking of breeding her and I'm not sure how I feel about that. We thought of breeding her to our male Boxer ONCE when she was old enough and then spaying her but now that's not an option since she won't be ours. I will worry about her so much. I wish there was another outcome but we don't know what else to do. Our male Boxer will be devastated and so too will Piper. They are like the Three Musketeers. If we take her there and it doesn't "feel right" she'll be coming right back home. Sorry for the long post...I just needed to share my hurt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Luna4MosOld2.JPG (197.8 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg Luna&Mommy.jpg (24.2 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by velobabe; 02-05-2006 at 11:21 PM.
velobabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!