View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
TxVicki
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchristiansen View Post
Hey everyone,
Our little Zoey is about 9 months old and we had her fixed the end of January. I took her out to go to the bathroom this morning and everything appeared to be normal. I proceed to get her breakfast ready (she loves to eat and we havent had any problems getting her to eat since we switched to mixing the wet and dry food) but she wouldnt eat it. She seemed interested, would walk to her bowl, smell it and walk away. The same thing with her water. I had to leave for work but my husband says that she stayed that way the whole time I was gone. She has been pretty lethargic and just not herself. She has been walking around with her tail between her legs but as soon as she is outside her energy seems to return but not fully. We got concerned so we took her into the vet, and she had a fever of 104 and we could tell when we took her in that she was starting to become dehydrated. She is still currently there on iv fluids and they gave her something to help with the fever. But we are curious if anyone else has a problems like this? We didnt have them run any tests because she isnt vomitting or having diarehha.. I had the thought that maybe, and i dont know if its possible, she would be going into heat and that might be the cause of the current issues? We dont want to have to take her back in tomorrow being that this visit tonight is already costing a pretty penny but we will if there are any signs of her getting worse, we would just like some advice or opinions on what might be going on..
Thanks everyone!
While she may not be vomiting or having diarrhea, there could still be somethng wrong with her.
I would at least have a full blood work panel done on her.
I hope she will be ok.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!