View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #18
CouversMom
and Khloe Mae's too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Noir View Post
New study says dogs with docked tails significantly less likely to sustain tail injuries says Veterinary Record

I think I would much rather put a 3 day old puppy through a few minutes stress than having to deal with an adult dog having an amputation due to tail breakage.
Some studies are now finding that certain breeds of dogs in particular, are having larger and larger numbers of adult amputations, which are more traumatic and painful for the dog due to tail breakage, particularly dogs with thin whippy tails. I do look at them with somewhat of a skeptical eye, because I do not know of any that do not have an agenda.

And what about dewclaws. Yes, they are there for a reason, but most breeders remove them for a reason as well, and that being to reduce the likelihood of the dews getting ripped off, which I have seen on more than one occasion.
What's the difference between getting the dews done and the tail?
I find this argument hilarious. Of course there are more injuries with dogs that have their tails. If we amputated all infant hands when they were born, there would be fewer hand injuries... But what about the fact that you amputated the limb to avoid the injury!? Oh my goodness...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!