View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy85 View Post
Yes. My wife had her to the vet this AM. The impression from the vet was that it was a "bad" LP (back right) and that we should medicate with 6.25mg of rimadyl 2/day x 3 days and limit her activity. We were instructed to monitor her activity and if she is still symptomatic schedule an appointment with the ortho.

My plan is to medicate as directed but crate her as much as possible x 1 week to see how she does. I would love to avoid surgery but will spare no expense to make sure that she is appropriately managed.

She has never been bothered by her knees except for 2 nights ago when we had house guests she was getting really excited and showing off (running on the hardword floors) and then about 2 hours later she was curled up and eventually shaking when I would pick her up. Since that time I gave her the rimadyl and her symptoms almost went away.

Hopefully some rest and relaxation in the crate will make her feel better.

Opps I’m sorry, I said him. Does she have a name?

Hmm the Vet didn't tell you what “grade” her LP was? That’s odd to me. What does “bad’ mean..?? Do you know if the Vet palpated the knee? It almost sounds like she hurt her knee a couple nights ago- Esp if she has never shown any limp or any issues with her knee until when you had guest over. Poor little pumpkin. I would def make her rest in her crate, the more you crate rest her the better and quicker it (hopefully) will heal. Did your wife tell the Vet about the incident she had a couple nights ago?

I will pray that she has a little sprang and it isn't LP. To me it really sounds like she did something that night- I could be wrong, but something just doesn't add up… you know? Lots of crate rest for the little pumpkin and hopefully whatever she did heels! It sounds like you and your wife are doing everything right.

If for some reason it doesn't get better, I would get a second opinion at a different Vet. Or maybe at an Ortho before you think about any surgery..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!