View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #16
puppywub
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByJezebel View Post
+1

A pet store that sources puppies (and only puppies, no adults) from the local shelter for adoption? An owner that just drops off an 11 week old puppy to a pet store so that someone else can adopt it? Having to get an estimate from a vet regarding the pup's age, when they are easily able to contact the person that "dropped off" the pup?
Let me answer a few of these for you. We only carry puppies as we do not have the space required for adults. Not only that but I dont know that we would be able to offer what we do with the added cost of how much larger adult dogs eat. Many of the puppies end up with one of our foster volunteers until they are placed.

We get drop offs more than I care to think about. Many people go out and buy a puppy or respond to one of those "free puppy ads" only to realize they dont want to be bothered with the work that comes with a pup. sometimes the shelter gets them, sometimes they come straight to us.

As far as being able to easily contact the woman who dropped off the pup, while we do ask for contact info, not everyone give it to us. Honestly I dont care who they are, I'd much rather them bring the puppies here than dump them, sell them to the first person with cash, or worse. if you have any other questions please feel free to ask
puppywub is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!