View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I start my vaccinations on my babies at 8 weeks old...and they are still nursing a couple of times a day....moms milk slowly dimenishes in the antibiodies it contains, so that by 6-8 weeks of age, there is not a problem with interferring with the effectiveness of your vaccinations. You want that baby to be allowed to suckle as long as mom will allow it...that is like a pacifier to these babies and momma lovingly nurtures her baby all the while, teaching and bonding lovingly, until 12-14 weeks of age....by then, momma will have that baby off her! I always allow my mommas to wean their babies from sucking...alot of times they are not getting milk, they are just getting the security and warmth and loving protectiveness and closeness provided by momma during that time....my current momma Karina, has her singleton, Vixen, and she is 8 weeks old today. Vixen is eating RC Starter Puppy Mousse and the Starter Kibble, but she still loves to snuggle with her momma at "sleepy time" and suck. Karina encircles and loving watches her baby girl suck, Karina grooms her baby, and she will allow her to fall asleep, sucking. It is sooo adorable.....people that get their babies before 12-14 weeks old have no idea what that enfant has been robbed of....

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 02-13-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!