Thread: Help! please
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
Buster Brown
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaspersPrincess View Post
Thanks everyone for the info. I made an appointment for Monday to meet with a surgeon and schedule Empanada. Now I'm worried about after surgery. He has never been in a crate. Right now he just walks around the house no stairs, jumping or anything like that and he sleeps in his bed on the floor. Do I have to crate him or would he be ok if I just hide all his toys doesn't want to play? Also, I'm not really sure how the walks for bathroom break works. I have pee pee pads out because I'm scared to take him outside I don't want him to hurt himself and I'm not sure how long to walk him for. Our normal walks can be up to a hour a few times a day so he is used to long walks and loves them. I did take him outside for about 3 minutes today to check the mail then carried him back he was not happy but I didn't know how long was to long walk. So I'm already this scared before surgery. How am I going to survive after surgery? Anyone that can help would be great.
You must make sure to crate them after the surgery. They can go to the bathroom but I carried Buster to the pee pad and stayed by him to support him he first few days. He should not walk unless to pee in the beginning. Buster stayed in his crate in a small xpen and was only allowed a small area to move around in. No free run of the house or outside for 8 weeks and he only had to have his LP repaired. Your babies knee is more damaged because of the ACL. It will be difficult Buster wanted to run after a few days but I knew I had to keep him contained or he could damage the surgical repair. Some people even get pet strollers so that the dog can go outside but is still contained. Your baby will be frustrated but it is for their own good to be kept quiet. Sending prayers and best wishes for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery. Hugs to you it is always scary before surgery but you will be fine.

Last edited by Buster Brown; 02-02-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Buster Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!