View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
Teresiana
Donating YT 500 Club Member

She was found on the West Side Hwy early this morning. The pathology results came in at about 4 this afternoon. I'm not sure if they found any other medical issues. It would seem to me that there must be something else going on since the doctors have to make a decision about surgery. Since the tumor has actually ruptured, I'm assuming that the cancer is in the late stages. Maybe that's one of the reasons they are delaying surgery? I'm totally assuming all of these things. I haven't spoken with the vet directly. I've only communicated with the rescue & my friend who is fostering her.

Sophie is hospitalized now & on pain killers until the vet/rescue decide what to do. I feel so bad for her, all alone, in pain. I just can not believe that someone could let a pup suffer like this & then have the nerve to dress her up and literally throw her on the streets of NYC!

And apparently, if females are spayed before their first heat, they have a ZERO PERCENT chance of developing mammary cancer. Just one more reason to get your pet fixed NOW.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!