View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

It is likely an OCD type behavior that some dogs get into when bored or unsure, conflicted. It's like the nervous things people do I think, kind of like shaking a foot or wiggling a leg when seated for a long time or when talking to another person and nerves kind of kick in. Some "experts" that write about it call is displacement behavior, I think is the term and it can be some type of comforting or energy-releasing attempt. Apparently it is pretty addicting and dogs can go on for a long time if it doesn't involve another being that will eventually grow tired of it and walk off or otherwise stop it. I, too, would be interested to know if there is anything going on with the chewee's ears and have them vet-checked. I guess it is possible that one dog could pass infection or bacteria, spores, whatever - to the other dog through this and that the ears could get raw from the prolonged dampness or licking in one spot. For a variety reasons, it is best to put a stop to it, even though the dog on the receiving end doesn't seem to mind it!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!