View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
Teresiana
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Unhappy Rescue with Ruptured Mammary Tumor

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with mammary cancer? I tried a search, but I only came up with a few old posts.

My friend is fostering a 7-8 year old girl who was found on the West Side Hwy of NYC wearing a little pink sweater, with a top knot & was bloody from a ruptured tumor from mammary cancer!!! I can't imagine what kind of person would get their dog dressed & hair did before dropping her off in the middle of one of the busiest, most congested streets in New York City!!??! Not to mention the fact that these owners didn't have the decency to get her ANY medical attention - to the point that her tumor ruptured!!!

The doctors are in the process of making a decision as to whether or not to perform surgery. I can't imagine why they wouldn't...maybe it's a cost thing? I offered to sponsor her pending a conversation with the vet. But I'm curious to know if anyone has a pup who has mammary cancer - or if anyone knows if, since the tumor has ruptured...is it too late in the game to try & fix?

My friend named her Sophie. I attached a photo. I'm waiting to hear from the rescue to see if the decision to proceed with her treatment is a financial issue - or if it's purely medical. Until then, please keep little Sophie in your prayers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sophie-w640.jpg (172.5 KB, 80 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!