View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
AngelFae
YT 500 Club Member

Some neighbors down the road and across the street from us have a St Bernard- they got her after their last dog was killed by being hit by a car. You'd think that they would have learned, but no, not right away. The SB used to roam everywhere- especially to the park directly across the street from them and she would scare all of the kids that were trying to play there. The SB, Piper, would sometimes walk down to my house and get my GSP all worked up. Multiple times I would see cars almost hit Piper as she walked down the middle of the street or just crossed without caution. Finally, one day, I'd had enough. Piper was AGAIN in my yard so I went out with my GSP's heavy leash, hooked it on Piper's collar and walked her back home. I was trying to attatch her to the tie out they had for her when the owners opened the door and asked what they could help with. I said, as nicely as possible, that I was returning their dog that had gotten off of her tie out because she was all the way down at my house. I said that I saw her almost get hit by 2 cars as she wandered down the street and that I KNOW they'd be heartbroken if their new dog was killed the same way their last one was- not to mention that I'd hate for them to lose her to animal control for being off leash out of her yard. I was being a VERY concerned neighbor. Well, wouldn't you know, that dog hasn't been off leash since! (Or if she has she has stayed at home!) =)
Now some other neighbors, on the other hand, if I can catch their dog again I WILL be calling animal control right away!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!