View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #16
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseslevi View Post
Jenny,

Great thread, I was amazed how many canned foods have this ingrediant. Also, another heads up Weruva headquarters is based in Natick, Mass, however the food is made in a state-of-the-art facility in Thailand. I am staying clear of this food as well. So frustrating.
Thanks for that info about weruva, crossing them off my mental list. 'State of the Art' phfffft, that doesn't mean anything to me...where are the ingredients sourced is what I would like to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb1 View Post
I contacted the Blue Buffalo company and expressed my concerns on the use of Carrageenan in their canned food. I was told about the safety and the reason for the use in canned food. I told her I understood but, as of now I would not be using their canned food. She told me she understood and would relay my concerns. I don't think it did any good but at least I gave my opinion!
Thank you for that! If there's scientific studies to back it up, they NEED to do something about it, not ignore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
I checked the ingredients in the California Natural canned Lamb and rice and didn't see it. I will double check as the print is so small. Mine eat canned 2 times a day and CN kibble once a day. I really hope its not in it. I hate changing foods.
Sorry Patti, I see it
Is this the one you're feeding: Natural Dog Food, Cat Food and Puppy Food for Pets With Food Sensitivity – California Natural

Carrageenan is the 5th ingredient, so there is sufficient amount to cause concern. Esp since they're so small & eating it 2 x's a day. Can you possibly get a refund for the remainder of the unused cans?

Ingredients

Lamb
Lamb Broth
Brown Rice
Ground Flaxseed
Carrageenan
Potassium Chloride
Sodium Tripolyphosphate
Guar Gum
Minerals (Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt, Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Selenium Yeast, Potassium Iodide)
Sunflower Oil
L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C)
Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement)
Tricalcium Phosphate
DL-Methionine
Choline Chloride
Salt
Taurine
Beta Carotene
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!