Thread: Finicky eater
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
ferretgrl05
Yorkie Yakker

Default Finicky eater

Hello all!
My 1 year old yorkie is so picky it seems! I worry about her not getting enough food. I know that if a dog is hungry it will eat... but stella is starting to wear me down.
Some days she will eat 1/4 cup twice a day... Some days she will only eat one 1/4 cup... and then there are days like yesterday when she only maybe ate half of a quarter cup. It drives me nuts. lol. The only reason i am not too alarmed is because her poo is fine and she is her normal playful self.
When she was a young puppy i had her on a schedule and she ate really good. But as she has gotten older she has gotten pickier. I haven't switched her food a whole lot for fear that i will make her even more picky.
I did switch her from her old puppy food (that she didn't seem to like that much anyway) back in November because it was giving her gas problems. When i switched i gave her the option of Wysong or Innova EVO. SHe didn't like the Wysong but she seem to really like the EVO. So this time around she got the EVO and seemed to like it for a few days. Now she is back to turning her nose up. I blame myself because for treats i have made her home made liver treats and egg whites... But she doesn't get them every day. Only every so often. She never gets table scraps. Also when she was younger i gave her some fresh pet (the one in the tube) Mixed with her food to get her to eat regular but i stopped giving it to her because it doesn't last very long. That was back in September of last year.
The only time she has consistently eaten two meals a day in recent times was back in November when she was boarded at a really nice place where she played all day long with other dogs. She ate breakfast and dinner then. Anyway... after i have ranted, does anyone have any suggestions? I need advice from others who have picky eaters or something! Thank you so much!
ferretgrl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!