View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 12:05 PM   #1
nancyc
Yorkie Yakker

Unlove Angel Muffin (Long and upsetting)

Muffin was a 3 year old 6lb Yorkie boy. (I dont know how to do pics yet)
Everyone loved Muffin and he loved everyone. He was the light of my life and brought me so much comfort and joy.
On January 25, 2005, that evening Muffin was enjoying his chew treat. We thought it was so cute that one of our cats was chasing Muffin and trying to get the treat from him. However, I forgot for the moment that when Muffin ran around like that, his trachea would close and he would cough to open it up. Well, my darling Muffin started to choke, I guess the last piece of the treat got stuck in his closing trachea.
He ran over to me..I picked him up..shook him upside down, pressed on his chest..I did everything but put my fingers in his mouth for fear of pushing it too far. Muffin never closed his eyes. He was limp in a minute. We rushed to the vet where they met us at the door. But it was too late. We went in to say good-bye. I was beyond grief and shock and devastation. I am crying now. I will NEVER accept it or get over it.
We do have little Benji now who my husband felt would make be better. I do love Benji, but I will never be better. When the weather gets warm I will make a rainbow bridge garden for Angel Muffin. I have his urn next to my bed, so I can say good-night and good-morning.
Our babies live on forever in our hearts.
Until I see you again Muffin,
Mommy loves you
nancyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!