View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #15
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

I have the Simplicity machines also.... haven't used the cutter yet. But I do know that it works by pressure, not sharpness of the blade, and the instructions say this needs adjusting before use. My antique Singer cutter works the same way, by pressure.

Donna, see this: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/yt-...pitiful-3.html starts at post 33 & 34. I just noticed the skirt is lopsided Lol... oh well... one of my firsts. If you're not using a band, you'll need to attach the skirt to the wrong side of the bodice.... put right sides together and make a seam, then press the seam toward the bodice.

To machine gather (without a ruffler), run two rows of long stitches at the top of the skirt (no backtacking), 1/4 - 1/2 inches apart, leaving about 5-6 inches of thread on each end of each row. To gather, pick up either both needle threads or both bobbin threads but not both at the same time, and gently slide the fabric along to make the gathers. I usually do one side to the middle then do the other side, depending on the bulk/weight of the fabric. Seems like once I get past the center mark it becomes too difficult, so I just do the ends toward the center.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!