Thread: Pooped blood
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #14
Cute Valentino
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomo View Post
Did the poopie have any jello-y consistency to it? along w/the red blood @ the end? That's a sign of colitis, inflammation of the lower gastrointestinal tract or colon. It can be caused by a high fat diet...raw food has a higher fat content.
Princess has a very bad episode couple of months ago & she had to have similar treatment. Penicillin & B Vitamin shots, subcutaneous fluids & amoxicillin. Just 2 administrations of the anti-biotic stopped her runs & bloody poopie. She was staying w/my aunt & she was giving her table scraps & pieces of seasoned steak, which has a lot of fat. I know they also had a bad ant problem, so lots of pesticides were used inside & outside their home...which also contributed to stressing out Princess' already compromised little system.
The vet also said to give her a bland diet of boiled white chicken breast & white rice along w/fiber veggie, like carrots or green beans for a few days to settle her tummy...but you're already home cooking, so you got that covered. I would love for her to be on raw, but she just can't handle high fat foods. She needs to be on a strict high fiber, low fat & grain free diet.

Hope he'll feel better soon!
His poop was runny but not entirely diarrhea but the blood was not on the poop it was bright red like if he literally pooped blood it even ran down his little legs. The fat content in the raw i fed was 11% and he's one 5lbs i agree with you it was too much for him. Like you my vet also suggested a bland diet for a few days I'm hoping he does eat later today right now I'm just going to let him rest.
Cute Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!