Thread: still shaking
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #13
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I am so sorry this happened to you and your baby was attacked. I would still be shaking, too. I sure hope she doesn't have some lingering stress issues from this for too long. Please report the attack to your Animal Control as the dog is dangerous and needs to be watched for by AC.

I carry a big, black, pushbutton umbrella for walks, all folded up and dangling from a loop on my wrist but when whooshed open, it certainly discourages dogs when they think about approaching or in a case like this, perhaps even after the attack had started if you had it to suddenly whoosh open and make a big, black scary image for the attacking dog. It could have scared the attacker off this time but might have scared your little one, too, but as long as she didn't run off with the big, mean dog, at least it might have stopped the attack in the event your husband hadn't been there to save the day.

If you are going to routinely use the folded up umbrella on walks, you have to slowly desensitize your dog to the process of opening it outside and such but it can work to great discourage dogs from approaching you or perhaps even stopping an already in progress attack. I sure hope tomorrow is a better day!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!