View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
margiepickens
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Bad, bad, Bad.......

Bad, Bad experience today. I took Lexi to a new groomer today. I saw what looked like a cute little grooming shop not to far from where I live. I called asked a few questions and felt pretty good. It was a woman who said she had been grooming since 1965. After all, she invited me to stay during the groom. I decided to do just that. She started out immediately running the shaver right down Lexi's back. Not really getting to know Lexi or acting like she wanted to make Lexi seem comfortable. She seemed a bit rough and Lexi was getting a bit anxious. I kept watching and then Lexi turned her head quickly and she yelled 'No' at her. And she hit Lexi upside the head. I was thinking to myself, maybe Lexi scared her and that was her reaction. But she kept talking really mean to Lexi. Then she turns to me and says 'She's a spoiled little brat, isn't she?' I said no, she's not. Then she said but she's a momma's girl. I said no not really. She really adores my husband. Well, things got rougher and louder. But after 25 minutes I was thinking ok we are almost finished. Then Lexi moved again and again this woman smacked her on the head shouting 'no' I said 'ok, I don't like this' She said 'you don't? I said 'we're done. Here's your money. (I threw it on her desk.) 'We won't be back and you shouldn't be in the dog grooming business' I grabbed Lexi from the grooming table and we walked out. I cuddled my little one outside of her shop, buckled her in and left. I was just so thankful I was there the whole time. I can't even imagine what could have happened. I think I am going to be looking at grooming her myself. Don't know if I can do it, but I know nobody is going to do that kind of thing to my dog again. Trying to decide what I am going to do so no other animal has to endure this. Right in front of me!!!! I was thinking about the BBB. She doesn't have a website, so I can't leave a bad review. Gotta do something though. Lexi is fine. She got cuddles, a new chewie, collar and got lots of pets, hugs and more cuddles this afternoon. WOW!!! My heart is still beating faster than it should be.
margiepickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!