View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb1 View Post
Ok, so a while back, I posted about Teeka having the itches. Now, she has a funny smell in her ears. I called the vet and they think it could be a yeast infection. She has an appointment for next week. So I was reading online about yeast infections. It says that if a dog has sensitivities to grains they can have these same symptoms of itching, yeast infections in ears, frito smelling feet, etc. Has any one heard of this? I have her on a grain free food and treats. She gets no table food except fruit or veggies. I could use some input as my other yorkies never had any of these issues!
We have the same issues with Moo. A grain free diet will help but you also need to make sure the food has no tapioca or potatoes. Potatoes are starch and that turns to sugar in their system and that feeds the yeast issue. I have been feeding her a raw diet and it does help but I know everyone can't do that. I feed Nature's Variety raw foods but they also have a canned formula that we use...the Venison works great for Moo. She always gets itchy on dry food no matter what brand I try but I have read great things about Canine Caviar on here so I am going to order the Venison formula and see how it works for her. I actually did order it through a retailer but it still hasn't come in so I'm going to have to order online.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!