View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
SophieKatesMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I was also advised that the crate should not be used for punishment or timeouts (but trust me there where a couple of time durining puppyhood when I put her in there just to get her out of my hair). Their crate is a place they want to go, they put themself in timeout but think of it as a "cool" kids bedroom for them.

Potty training was so frustrating for me, it took a long time and I had to use parts of a lot of different methods since Sophie Kate will not tell me when she has to potty. Crate training is what really started the good habits, she went in the crate at night and when I was gone, when I was home she was with me and not unsupervised. A schedule is another method I had to use and still keep, we go out every three hours and we stay out until she goes. I also taught her a command for going, it only works for me for her urinating but that is good enough ("go potty" is the command, I was taught to say it when she starts going at first and reward after that worked).

It sounds like your guy wants to go for a walk when you take him out, is that possible? He is associating the ringing the bell with going outside.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!