View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #6
Kenneth62
Yorkie Talker

I understand that puppies have to go more freqently and can't hold it as long and like to go outside and see whats going on. I am also trilled that my little boy seems to be finally "getting it" and ringing a bell to tell me that he wants to go outside.
Fortunately I am retired and can give him more attention however. I am suppose to be the alfa dog and not him. When I take him out and he even acts like he is peeing I try to give him the benifit of the doubt. If he has just gone out and has acted like he peed and comes up to me like he is finished and freely walks into the house with me. I sit down to do something and 2 minutes later he is ringing the bell again, I will generally take him out again just to be sure and don't want to stop him from ringing the bell, but then he piddles around again without doing anything (I eventually get tired of standing around in the cold and for lack of anything else that I can think of put him in the crate for a short time. I know that it is suppose to be a safe place but I don't want him to stop ringing the bell and I don't want him to think that he has found a new way that he can manipulate me.
Anyway I am thinking that I don't want him to associate ringing a bell with anything other then going out to potty as this may become something more permanent if not stopped while he is a puppy. Maybe I am wrong. He is a big part of my life but not all of it.
Kenneth62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!