View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #8
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
I'll bet she can find an older, slower dog at the local "pound" and save a life, to boot. If nothing else, her husband could get the dog for her. She would probably dote on a dog in her condition - probably all she has to brighten her day would be a sweet doggie. But a puppy would likely do her in. Tibbe was 9 mos. old when I got him but he nearly killed me that first 3 weeks as he was totally wild. And I wasn't ill -I was just having the hip problem with a chronic back, nothing to do with breathing, oxygen, walkers, lots of meds, etc. I think you did the right thing for the lady and the dog. Often people want things they just can't handle or deal with but they can't see it themselves. But if you rely on a walker to get about, you can't really safely have a puppy in the home - not really. They get themselves into too many iffy situations you need to be able to move quickly and take decisive action and also don't need a dog if you can't get it to the vet in an emergency situation. But maybe she has a neighbor who never goes out or something to drive her.
I agree, it's really easy to get a dog at the pound. Their inventory changes weekly.

Join today and remove this ad!