View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #1
carmen in nj
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Default I feel so bad I had to deny a lady that....

wanted to adopt my last puppy Pinky.. At first they seem like a great family for my puppy, she is very small, charting at only about 9 pounds fully grown,so I been super careful with the applications I had for her, this lady called me the day after Christmas looking to buy a puppy, I told her that Pinky is the only puppy I had left and and that I was expecting a litter of smaller yorkies in about feb or march, she wanted a silky because the wanted a little bigger dog than a yorkie, so we set an apt, she told me that she did not drive if I can come to her home, she lives about 5 towns away from me, so I agree to come yesterday since hubby was going to be home and could come with me, so when we arrived, we saw a beautiful home, well manicured and lovely, so we rang the bell and a lady in oxygen and with a walker answer the door , she said she was expecting us, so I asked her name and yes she was the lady, after talking for 10 minutes I knew that a puppy was going to be too much for her, specially one of my puppies that are so ramboucios , alert and active, they keep ME in my toes , I can't imagine her, dealing with a small puppy, I asked her if she had help during the day she said she had a nurse that came to help her with her meds a couple of hours a day, other than that she was alone all day,while her husband worked, then I suggested a rescue older dog to give her company, she told us that she was denied because of her condition from all the rescues in the metro NYC and NJ area, so sad, she did understand that I did not want to risk her not being able to keep up with the puppy, I felt so BAD, I still feel bad but I really do not think she can keep up with a young pup and I don't have any older dog I can adopt her at this point.. I hope I did the right thing, why do this shelter and rescues do not consider this type of people, I am sure an older dog will be VERY happy in this home, and it would help her immensely. she told me she just gave up and will be happy being around her sister's dog instead, so sad...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!