View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
Amirah-momma
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapooh06 View Post
Hello!
I'm Chea' and I'm new to the site. Im in the military and I'm stationed in Grafenwoehr Germany. I've been here for two years and I leave in September and hopefully get to return to American soil! I have a one year old daughter named Amari and she loves dogs...thats mainly one of the reasons I'm getting a Yorkie. I haven't had a dog since I was a kid and even then, they were big dogs so I could use some advice. Any thing I should know specifically about Yorkies? What kind of things do I need to buy before he gets here in January? Ive been told that they are really good dogs...are they good for kids? ( im getting a male puppy) I know this has probably been asked before but plz help me!! Thanks!!
I don't want to say that Yorkies are bad for kids as much as kids can be bad for Yorkies especially little children. Please don't take this as if I am saying anything about your parenting. But lets face it kids have a mind of their own. Even though they can be taught to handle things with care, at a young age they just don't understand exactly what can happen when they don't. Little kids see Yorkies and a lot of the time they think teddy bear. We all know they love that teddy bear but sometimes they can be a bit rough on it. This in the case of Yorkies can lead to injury for the Yorkie or even fear in the Yorkie. If your Yorkie equates small hands with unpleasurable moments then the Yorkie might just lash out and bit. Now I realize Yorkies are small dogs, but even a small dog can bite hard. Especially on small young hands. I am certainly not telling you to not get a Yorkie, but do watch out for these things. Nobody wants a negative experiences for you, your daughter, or your new furbaby.

Last edited by Amirah-momma; 12-22-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Amirah-momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!