View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #12
Wallee
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Well let me tell you, when I discovered they had puppies I refused to buy anything from them at all. Here the chain stores "only" allow rescues to come into their stores to look for prospective adoptions. I am happy about that and have actually adopted two of my kitties from rescue organizations in those stores. As for reputable breeders, I totally agree. My first dog I had (cocker spaniel) came from a breeder who showed her dogs. I contemplated getting another like him at first and looked uo the kennel. Low and behold, 34 years later the kennel is still operating (although run by the breeders daughter) and still showing their dogs. When I bought mine, the breeder had taken over from her father. That's a very dedicated family to the breed.
Unfortunately, I was not as cautious this time in getting Wallee and let my guard down a little. The breeder I got him from was retiring from breeding and Wallee's litter was to be the last. I went to her home to pick him and she gave me a written health guarantee. Both of his parents were onsite and she also showed me their health records. As it turns out, people up the street from me who already had a yorkie loved the coloring of Wallee so much they adopted his 3 year old retired and spayed mom. Although I would have possibly set myself up for issues, having his mom nearby will at least show me "half" the problems he could have. As it turns out, Wallee seems to have gotten the best of both his mom and dad as he is better looking than either of them. I will just pray he continues to be healthy as his parents both were. I would NEVER buy from any puppy mill in any way shaper form.

https://www.facebook.com/5TailsBoutique?ref=tn_tnmn
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!