View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #9
Lolli_lah
YT Addict

There is a single owned pet shop in my old town in FL that actually doesn't use puppy mills or anything like that. They have a list of the breeders that is at your disposal. They are all healthy and come with a certificate whatever that means, I don't know much about breeding other than what to LOOK OUT for. But they don't charge an arm and a leg for designer dogs. They only have puppies when there are any to be had, if that makes sense. They don't mass breed is what I'm saying. One day you can go in and find boston terrier. But won't see that breed for a while. Because it's not mill puppies. I seen a chinese crested puppy one time and was so attached instantly, love those. But never seen that breed again. The puppy had gotten a home real fast, too. It's just what is or is not available from their list of breeders they work with. They almost always have puppies, but it's all kinds of breeds and never just the same kinds over and over, milled. Those break my heart.

They have glass kennels that are open on top. You can pet the puppies and take them to the carpeted area to play with and they have special clean up materials if they make a mess. But you have to be accompanied by an adult if you're a child. They have 2-3 workers present in the puppy area alone to make sure they are clean and safe. I really like that socializing way they have, instead of behind glass and you can't touch the puppy and the puppy can't touch you. That breaks my heart so bad!! I love this place that they CARE about their animals and let you handle them and they can feel love and attention every day they are there.

Maybe this will take heavy on some, but I really don't think this place uses mills. They give you the proof with having the breeders list and numbers so you can check them out yourself. It is the only pet store I've ever been in that I felt like the animals were actually well taken care of.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!