View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
wadeod
Yorkie Talker

Default Outside vs puppy pad vs litter box. GOING CRAZY

Like most, struggling to potty train this cutie and snow is coming tonight!

She refused to go bathroom outside today because of heavy rains. The last three months of my life have been consumed following this dog around like some crazed lunatic , screaming at my family to crate her if no one can watch her.

For the most part we take her out hourly and she pees. Poops are sporadic and usually involves a lot of running around to get it movin . Been trying to train her to ring a bell and that's not going well yet either.

If left alone in xpen, she will pee or poop when no one looking, but this is rare because she likes crate better than xpen.

Last night I experimented and put down a paper towel in pen while I watched some basketball and had a coke. 10 mins later I checked and she had peed on towel. After she wouldn't pee in rain today I put her in pen. Waited 10 mins, then put down a paper towel and voilą, pee on towel and poop on towel.

I feel like I'm wasting time with outside training as I don't wanna stand in rain or blizzard either. even in summer, I gotta go outside with her as I can't let the hawks get her

Today I expressed my frustration to the lady at the pet store who mentioned they have litter boxes for small dogs???????????hmmmmmmmm??????????

That got me thinking???????

I need some feedback/recommendations/advice!

Thanks in advance
wadeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!