View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 04:28 AM   #19
gontygirl
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
I would agree that it can take courage to be honest and I agree that forum members should be honest, even if the truth may sting. However, honesty can mean absolutely nothing to the receiver if the message is delivered in such a way that's more about the giver, than the receiver. There are a TON of people in this world who just have to be right - who have to 'educate' others via a completely alienating imperious manner. In those cases, honesty usually means very little to the person who is on the receiving end of that imperiousness.

We have people delivering messages on this forum that cover the spectrum of all styles. But yeah, in an ideal world - we would all deliver our messages honestly and respectfully.

I'm glad you started posting ! I completely agree with that 2nd paragraph of yours and know exactly what you mean. I've seen threads such as that cause more problems than the actual thread that motivated the start of the 'yapping' thread.

I too believe in treading gently with all of our fellow earthlings .

I totally agree that we all have such different styles and beliefs about training; I have a very tough time with the way some trainers go about their business. I'm not familiar with the OP's training style, but will have to read further.

Considering I think dogs are WAY more respectable creatures than us lowly and often morally-annoying humans, I have to say that I don't think I'm superior to my dogs just bc I'm human. Um, that is a belief created by humans, for humans. It's not a universal like, say, gravity.
FIRSTLY I have to say that the pic of your dog is soooo overwhelmingly adorable!!! Unbelievably cute dog!!!! I also wanted to agree with your point of view. I'm not the best in putting my thoughts or messages into words on a screen or paper...I truly hope that I can do better concerning voicing my opinions about training. I certainly do NOT think that there is only one universal way to train...MINE. I can only speak to how I do things successfully and offer that up as a viable option for someone to want to learn from...as I respectfully read and gather information for my arsenal of go-to solutions as well...from you all. Which, by the way has been very useful and helpful!

I'm new and green...and in a learning curve. I still stand by my original post.
gontygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!