View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #6
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love my little View Post
Hi I am new to the site, my husband and myself bought ourselves this little tea cup yorkie that has taken over our hearts. We bought him last Sunday on Thursday he started to get real lazy and would eat. We know early in the morning something was not right. We took him to a emergency clinic and we were told that he was suffering from low sugars, they kept him over night and said that his sugars were back up and sent us home with nutri cal to give him and told us to forse feed him,, I stayed up all night and faithfully fed him every 2 hours, by 4 am he couldn't stand up so we knew again something was wrong. When we went back to the emergency clinic at 5 his sugars were back to 22 again. So again he was put on Iv and has been there for 2 night still not eating on his own. The vet called last night wanting to run more test when he called us back he told us that he has liver shunt. And we should have him operated on. We are just worried about what kind and quality of life that lite guy would have....if anyone have any thought about this we would love to hear from you

Thanks again
How sad for you...I am so sorry this has happened to you and especially, to the poor little puppy. Dr.Karen Tobias at the University Of Ten. has the benchmark research/program on liver shunts...if there is any feasable way for you to contacther and take your baby to her surgicval team, I would strongly encourage you to do so. SECOND, CONTACT YOUR BREEDER!!! She is responsible for the conception of this baby....she needs to be held accountable for this devastating issue. She should be standing right with you, working this out for you, with you, with her expert advise on this topic, as well as financially covering the cost of the surgery and the diagnostic test needed to determine what was wrong with her puppy she sold you.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!