View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
Love my little
Yorkie Talker

Default We love our little man - please help, liver shunt

Hi I am new to the site, my husband and myself bought ourselves this little tea cup yorkie that has taken over our hearts. We bought him last Sunday on Thursday he started to get real lazy and would eat. We know early in the morning something was not right. We took him to a emergency clinic and we were told that he was suffering from low sugars, they kept him over night and said that his sugars were back up and sent us home with nutri cal to give him and told us to forse feed him,, I stayed up all night and faithfully fed him every 2 hours, by 4 am he couldn't stand up so we knew again something was wrong. When we went back to the emergency clinic at 5 his sugars were back to 22 again. So again he was put on Iv and has been there for 2 night still not eating on his own. The vet called last night wanting to run more test when he called us back he told us that he has liver shunt. And we should have him operated on. We are just worried about what kind and quality of life that lite guy would have....if anyone have any thought about this we would love to hear from you

Thanks again
Love my little is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!