View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Angry Rant .... Pet Insurance.

For those of you who know me... I apologize for being M.I.A for a while, law school has been brutal. And I apologize for the rant but I know you guys will understand.

So I walk home from what was arguably the worst exam of my life, only to find a letter in the mail from Pet Secure, Harley's pet insurer. Background info... they raised my premium in July AND when I moved in August.

Well I open it up only to find that they have reduced my coverage from 80% to 60%.

SO I got on the phone right away, they never told me when I signed up that if I claimed too much that I could get reduced coverage. And well you all know how sick Harley was last year... I took a strip off the guy on the other end, and got no result. I could totally see if this was a 15 year old dog with a debilitating disease, but this is a 3 year old yorkie with some allergies and LP and GI issues because of a genetic lottery fail. I haven't made a claim in 6 months and this is how they repay me.

As many of you have probably seen in my past posts, I have been an advocate for pet insurance, it saddens me that this happened, because an insurance company is there to insure your financial security during times of difficulty.

I've never seen any overly negative feedback on insurance, but has any body else gone through this? I've only heard good things on here about pet insurance. Anyways, hope everyone is well, and I promise I will try and stay in touch more once this semester is over.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!