View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
MandiesMom
and Shelby's too
Donating Member

I believe dogs have feelings that can be hurt. I've seen my older dog lower his head and look up at me with sad eyes when I've gotten onto him. He only wants to please me so if I get onto him for something, he feels bad or sad..something.

Mandie..and from everything I have read - yorkies...are very sensitive. That would require an ability to feel emotions.

With that said, I have not offered any advice to the OP because I have had this exact same problem with my sheltie mix. I have yet to figure out what the cause is. I used to live with my mom and if I was standing and talking to my mom in the living room or something, Shelby-Dale would bark and get in between us and try to jump up on one of us. BUT, if we were sitting and talking on the couch..he was cool. It's something about the standing and it he doesn't do it if it's me and hubby..so it's not just the standing convo..it's a combination of standing and talking with my mom (or anyone other than my husband maybe). I've done the firm "no" til I'm blue in the face..doesn't stop him. I have to go put him in the bedroom and close the door if I want him to stop
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!