View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Question Badly behaved Yorkie!

My Fletcher is being a little brat lately. He has a new habit and I am not sure what to do. Whenever I am talking on the phone or talking to anyone while I'm standing up in the house, he will bark at us. He will bark non-stop for attention when I'm giving my attention to someone else. If I'm sitting down talking he's fine because he'll sit on my lap. I tell him 'NO!' but he walks away all sad with his tail between his legs, like I hurt his feelings or kicked him. I mean he stops but it breaks my heart. He also does it when I'm doing dishes, folding laundry, cleaning the bathroom, anything really that takes my attention away from him.

He wants my attention, and he has even gone as far as to lift a leg on me when there are too many people standing and talking and I'm involved. Like he's marking me. Luckily its been a long time since he's done that, but I have a VERY jealous Yorkie.

Any suggestions on how I can positively stop this behavior without making him sad? I hate seeing him slink away with his tail between his legs... he's a very sensitive little guy, always fearful of something. I do not want him fearful of me at all, or my husband, by speaking firmly to him.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!