View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 AM   #7
gontygirl
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFae View Post
Ok, I may be in the minority here, we'll see, BUT:
I don't see it as abusive, and in a way it may actually be helpful. He sleeps in his crate all night with no problems and that is for a longer amount of time then you'll be gone, right? He barks constantly when he knows that someone is there and he can't see them but in his kennel with no one there he will probably figure out that barking isn't hleping him and that there is no one to let him out. He'll most likely bark like crazy for a while then give up and relax and fall asleep. You aren't comfortable leaving him out to wander and injure himself (I wouldn't either) and he is safe in his crate. He'll be FINE! Don't stress yourself out about it. =)
Sorry it took so long for me to get back... He loves his crate and I am gone for the longest 4-5 hours. Most of the time I do my chores at night so my daughter can doggy sit, but yesterday I went xmas shopping for 5 hours and he was partially home alone, I would say for at least 3 hours till my daughter got home to them. He has started to calm the barking down now, gratefully. He no longer barks when crated and he's in my room whilst I'm in the ladies room. I have begun crating him A LOT and being in the room WITH him. I feel like tho he's great in the night time/sleep time mode...he's not as good being in his crate when I'm there during the day, (and either with him or have gone to watch a movie down stairs with my family). Movie night is too loud for their ears lol... Dog desire routine and because I have been very strict to stick with one, it's made him far more comfortable with "what's next" so he's settling...TG!!!!! I'm doing a lot of crate training not to mention the "sit", "stay", "lie down", etc.. He's a 1 year old "wild animal" with no training...sadly.
gontygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!