View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:37 AM   #13
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaZiggy View Post
I believe that if pet stores got their puppies from reputable breeders and they didint keep the puppies in those shop display box and they actually cared about the animals, i might feel differently. But once you see those poor mommy and daddy dogs and theur conditions, i really cant justify an animal lover supporting such a place.

But we all have to learn these lessons as we go. We all didn't know until someone told us, so dont feel too guilty about it. I always say: when you know better, you do better
Some pet stores claim their puppies come from reputable breeders. Problem is exactly what reputable breeder would ever consider selling their puppies via a third party like a pet store, not having any idea where that puppy will go, whether the new owner knows how to care for it and never hear about that puppy again? As a reputable breeder, I interview, turn down people I feel are not right for my puppy or perhaps the particular one i might have for a new pet home, I work with the owner, expect to hear from them after they have them.
Buy from a pet store, who do you ask if you run into a problem? Buy from a breeder, get in touch with the breeder and certainly my purchaser do to get my advie and help if needed.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!