View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 05:23 AM   #1
gontygirl
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default generally leaving him home crated...

So this boy I have had now for almost two weeks (1 years old) loves his crate and IS crated trained, thank goodness. Sleeps quietly in his crate on a chair next to my side of the bed...close to my face lol. He has no issues with the crate, his problems lies in when I leave the room. He can be in or out of the crate...with or without his new shih tsu sister...does not matter. BARKING, BARKING, BARKING without me around barking seems to be his conversation. To me that appears to be "separation anxiety". I could be wrong... Could be since he's new to our family and house (new people and space...), he's a little insecure about who's got his back. Well, my daughter "babysits" him while I'm out doing chores and what not...but tomorrow night is Saturday night and both my husband and I AND my daughter all have plans and it won't be to stay home... I plan to crate him (as he's not "proofed" in potty training and till I trust him he get ZERO freedom without supervision), and he'll be in a room with either tv or music on. The door will be open so my female can opt to leave if in the case his incessant barking drives her batty.. My question is: Is it abusive to leave him from anywhere to 4-5 hours? (He'll be fed and pottied prior...I'll walk the dogs in the a.m. and again before I leave, for extra exercise). I really don't want him to be scared...
gontygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!