View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #10
KimInMD
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
I'm sorry. I'm really not trying to give you a hard time but Dynasty Yorkie is something that you should steer clear of. I would not touch the health guarntee for one thing. They guarntee the puppy to live for 72 hours! If your puppy is found to have a genetic problem before the age of 1 year they will replace the puppy......not help with the expense of the problem. Many of the genetic problems that people like this are creating in the breed are not discovered until well after the first year. Do your really think you are going to want to return a puppy that you have had for several months or even 11 months due to a defect? Most people cannot return a puppy after a couple of days despite the fact that the problem could cost them hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

There is not one pedigree on the site that I could find. They are advertizing and stating that their dogs will be 3.5lbs. For one thing there is no way they can guarntee that weight. Tiny dogs do not breed well. A female of that weight cannot be bred safely and if someone was foolish enough to breed such a dog they would have serious problems.

The site looks like a typical puppy mill website. They can make some nice sites but the facilities are usually bad. They sometimes hire a broker to sell the puppies for them so their actual location is not found. You notice they do not give an address only a region. A reputable breeder would have much more info on their kennel.

If that is the kind of people you want to give your money to it is certainly your decision. If you had been on YT for any length of time you would see the very sad stories of people who have purchased from such breeders. If you are in a hurry to get a puppy they certainly will be able to help you since they breed the life out of their stock.

The site is also telling you a big lie about the AKC accepting off color Yorkies. Some Yorkies do change to a different shade as they mature but it is not condoned by the YTCA or the AKC as this person states.

Any Yorkie puppy is adorable. It is what is lurking under that adorable little furry coat, that could cost the life of that poor fur baby, that you need to be on the look out for. Sometimes good things are worth waiting for.

You would do yourself a favor by contacting the clubs that are through out NYS. It may take a little longer but at least you would be dealing with true professionals that know and understand the genetics of the breed.
Hello and welcome! We owned a salt water aquarium for years. Hubby and I are avid scuba divers, and love all the salt water critters. His favorite is the Queen Angel, and mine is the Spotted Drum.
Gracielove gave you some excellent advice. A poor or hastily made decision could end up costing you thousands and thousands of dollars in medical bills, and endless heartache. Please proceed with caution. I checked out Dynasty Yorkie's website, and I would not purchase a dog from them if it were the last dog on earth. There are red flags everywhere. They are cruelly breeding undersized females, which makes them trash in my book. I know with patience you will find you perfect furever friend. He's out there wagging his tail, waiting for you to bring him home. I wish you the best.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!