View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #21
MandiesMom
and Shelby's too
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoejane View Post
Well it's over and went better than I expected. My vet was awesome. When I got there at 7 am they actually gave me my own room for Zoe and I right next to the surgery room with a sofa. They took her to draw her blood and brought her back to me while they ran the tests. Once we got the results of that the vet took her to give her a shot to make her sleepy and brought her back again until they were ready for surgery. She was asleep in my arms when the vet took her from me. She came back in about 40 minutes later and said the spay was over and she was ready to pull her baby teeth. In another 30 minutes the vet brought her to me to hold while she woke up. I got to sit and just hold her for the next 5 hours while she came to. The vet would come in the room every 15 mi it's or so, take her temperature and check on her. Once her fluids were done in her IV bag she decided I could take her home. She is doing so well tonight. Just sleeping on my lap. I would certainly advise every owner to insist on staying with their baby and holding them after surgery instead of just putting the. In a kennel. She only had to be away from me for about an hour all day. It was awesome and I love my vet! And I love my Zoe!
Oh wow! That is an awesome story. I don't think I've ever heard of a vet's office doing that for the owner. You have a FANTASTIC vet! Don't let him/her go!

So happy Zoe is doing well and home where she belongs!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!