View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #6
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

If he's shaking, the swollen, irritated pancreas and liver could be hurting him. Maybe the very long walks are a bit much if he is all swollen and sore internally, IDK. Have you asked if there is some pain medicine that might help those two swollen, irritated organs and ease him a little? When my Tibbe was sick with GI problems in June and his GI tract - not his pancreas or liver in his instance - were so irritated, he would shake and isolate, reverse sneeze. Besides his prescription food, he was put on Cerenia for nausea and some Pepcid. He did reverse sneezing fairly frequently during that month's long episode. The Pepcid stopped his esophageal irritation I guess and eventually as his innards soothed and quieted from the GI-friendly food, medication, rest(he slept a lot), he stopped shaking and isolating. But his CPL snap test was negative so his pancreas wasn't involved though his lipase was high, though the vets couldn't palpate a liver edge or anything. It took time but he finally started responding and all internally finally calmed down and we started back on "walkies" up and down the block after he stopped his shaking/isolating and felt better. Just a thought for what it's worth.

Welcome to YT though I am sure sorry for your Rocco's current bad situation. A lot of Yorkies seem to get by with pancreatitis on here and do pretty well once the treatments are all worked out. I pray Rocco feels better very very soon.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!