View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #7
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
It is extremely important. Currently my dogs have to be on rx diets, so U don't have much choice. But even so Royal Canin (boy's food) has been willing to answer hard questions. I haven't talked to Purina (girl's food) because it is irrevelant since their food may be keeping her alive.

When there is a choice, acceptable answers to my questions is the first thing I consider.
Quality control?
Who formulated the recipes?
Credentials of those involved in nutrition aspect?
What testing was done/is my dog the guinea pig?
How do you know your food is free of contaminants?
etc.

I have posed similar questions to many companies and have gotten a lot of unsatisfactory answers. Actually, replies are sometimes laughable. In some cases they make it sound like they are a small family business that takes pride in being that way. I guess that is what they think people want to hear. I know onw thing about small businesses. They tend to make less money than big ones. Less money means less safety procedures. It also means there isn't as much of a chamce that qualified recipe creators are on staff. If they can't answer questions like these to my satisfaction then I don't waste my time with them.
I agree with you now. It took a while for my brain to wrap around it, but I see the importance now. I have some answers from some companies that I was not happy with either.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!