View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
Yorkie24U
YT 500 Club Member

Thanks so much for replying. Yes, Lacey will be having lab work and an exam done first to make sure she is ok for the dental. She's only 3.5 lbs. and seems to be in good health other than her teeth. I realize that the heart and liver can get into a mess with all the mouth bacteria which is something that I hope & pray that won't happen if antibiotics are given. This is a very reputible High Risk Emergency Hosp. with a great staff. Their specialty is high risk cases and emergency surgery.

When talking with the dr. she did tell me about a case of a daschund that had a dental and while extracting some teeth his jaw broke and 3 months later he died due to the fact that he couldn't recover from the surgery, he was 16 yrs. old. That scares me !

Please pray all goes well for Lacey on tues morning, so we can keep her healthy a bit longer, she has a good quality of life now and if I made the wrong call to get her dental and she didn't make it, I'd never live with myself. Please say some prayers for her that all goes well for this tues morning. The dr. said to withhold food from her from 8 pm the nite before, just in case all lab work shows a 'go'. Thanks so much and I'll post on tues evening and let everyone know the results <3
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!