View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #24
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I micro chip all my babies before they leave. I was told by Avid all that was necessary was to return the information with the fee and that was it. I have been doing that for over two years! Tonight, I hear from one of my parents she checked her baby's chip (she even received a letter months ago saying they had the information and all was well), and it came up as unregistered!!!! I have to find out WTF is up with this....I have all these babies running around, with owners thinking they are safe and now this!!!!! I was told all was taken care of with the fee and the return of the information....if I need to be telling my owners they have to do something else on line, I need to know this and I dont understand why Avid did not tell me! Any other breeders out there microchipping using Avid chips and paying for the service...do you do anything else to get these babies registered?
Just call Avid. I believe that it will show who put the chip in (you), but you are not listed as the owner. Someone needs to register it.

We microchip all of our pups, but they are done by our individual vets. We then register the chip in our name....then, when a pup is adopted, we add the adopter as a secondary owner. That way, if the pup is ever found by someone, the chip company will notify us and the adopter.

Last edited by ladyjane; 11-10-2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: punctuation
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!