View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

New borns should be fed every 2 hrs around the clock. She's 13 weeks old now & has gained some weight, you must be doing everything right. Maybe she's not that hungry. How about feeding her every 4 -6 hrs? What did the vet say? You can always check her gums for signs of hypoglycemia. Too much nutrical can have the opposite affect, they can lose their appetite & it can cause diabetes if given too much. The 1st ingredient is corn syrup.

Here's an interesting read on why dogs yawn.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...tiple-meanings

And while it's true your dog may occasionally yawn when he is tired, I have found that dogs will also yawn when presented with new situations, or when they're unclear as to what is going on, what's expected or what's happening next.
I see dogs yawn all the time when they're conflicted.
Behaviorists contend that dogs yawn as a way to neutralize a situation or calm themselves when they feel stressed, and that's been my observation. When my dogs yawn, it's almost always when they're anxious or are experiencing some sort of uncertainty.
In group settings like obedience trials or obedience classes, you're likely to see a TON of yawning.
These dogs know something should and could be happening, but aren't sure when it will start. In this setting, yawning serves to calm the participants.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!