View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
Laylas mommy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Omg HELP!!! My yorkie will NOT eat or drink anything!

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this site, I found it while researching on how to get my Yorkie to eat and drink! I have tried everything and I mean everything! Every site and suggestion that has been made to others I have tried! I am currently force feeding and watering her, and have been since I got her two weeks ago. It's exhausting and I am worried about her =( I believe it's behavioral as she has been to the vet and is perfectly healthy! She weighed 1.5 lbs when I got her and yesterday she weighed in at 2.15 so she is gaining, but if I do not force feed and water her every two hours she starts getting weak and of course I did my research before I got her and am very aware of hypoglycemia. I had a teacup chihuahua for 9 years, so I am familiar with all the difficulties and took that into consideration. It's just that nothing is working and I want a healthy puppy that I can enjoy and play with instead of spending all my time feeding her. I have tried every food under the sun dry and wet, yogurt, fruit, parmesan cheese, baby food, different bowls, feeding with my hands, feeding at the same times everyday, leaving food for only 15 minutes,she doesn't even like the nutri-cal. I have tried everything and I mean EVERYTHING! I know she has an appetite because when I eat she tries to attack whatever I am eating...PLEASE HELP ME!!! She is 13 weeks old and was the only one of the litter! It scares me to death, I live in fear I will wake up to her in hypoglycemic shock so I can't sleep! I get up 3 times a night to feed and water her! I HOPE SOMEONE CAN SUGGEST SOMETHING, ANYTHING THAT WILL WORK! Thanks for your time!
Laylas mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!