View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

Default my great day turned to crap

sun was shinning and it is was in the 70's which is not normal for the end of Oct in MI, so I knocked off early and set out for a nice walk with Lola, not even 10 min into, I stopped to talk with a friend, we were close to the spot on the lake Lola likes to swim at, so while I was talking I did not realize she was trying to get in the lake, I also did not realize the area she was in was covered with little black needle like thicket prickers. Once we started walking I notice she is biting at her feet and I was horrified to see she was covered with black prickers or what ever they call them. I carry her home, and get some tweezers and take her up to my room where I figure I will watch a TV show that I had taped. I turned on the TV and then dropped the remote and in trying to grab for it, I knocked a pretty full can of diet coke all over my light beige carpet, so I put Lola down while I started to blot it up but since Lola was biting at her feet I did not want her to swallow any of the needles, so I picked her up and put her under my arm while I tried dealing with the carpet, half a can of coke makes a big mess. It took me about an 1.5 hours to get Lola free of stickers, she was trooper and stood still most of the time, she finally started struggling when I had to put her on her back. I stopped counting after 100 stickers. I still have to deal with the rest of the coke, but needed a break, so LOL I had ice cream and Lola had a nice treat. Now of course the sun is going down For those of you that walk remember it seems like fall is burr and thicket season so keep your guys out of those type of areas.

Last edited by DBlain; 10-24-2012 at 02:03 PM.
DBlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!