View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #6
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I would like to suggest you get two books on Yorkies....these are very informative and will give you tons of information that you really need to know! "Yorkies For Dummies" is the first one I recommend for all my new owners....."Yorkshire Terriers: A Smart Owners Guide" is the second book. These are excellent resource books and you really need them in your libraby! Congratulations on your new baby. She is a little girl and actually is on the small side. Dont let her go ANYPLACE unattended or unsupervised...predators and people with take your baby and it only takes less than the blink of an eye! Dont let her jump off furniture...she is small and is susceptable to very seariou injury, even death, if she falls from a couch or chair....if she falls from the couch and lands on her head, it will more than likely kill her, so this is important. Yorkies do not realize how small and fragile they are...they know no fear and will take on any other dog, regardless of size....alot of Yorkies meet their demise this way. They will fly out of your arms with no hesitation, they will jump froma cabinet....always have a good grip in your baby....again, bad news if she falls and hits the floor. Read up on vaccination protocols. Read your books for the direction you want to go with what you should feed your baby...also there are alot of common plants all around us that are toxic to dogs....you need to learn what they are and see if you have any within reach that could make your baby deathly ill or even kill her.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!