View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #11
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Wow! They definitely don't need any more vaccines. I'm obviously no vet, and you have to do what you feel is right. But yes you are way over-vaccinating.

AAHA hospitals are also in Canada. There is also a CVMA (Canadian Vet Medical Association).

Vets make a lot of money off vaccines plain and simple. If they are vaccinating yearly, it is for their benefit - not our pets.
Thanks for the information! We have thought for a long time that our vet really likes to run tests and do a lot of extra things that cost a lot of money. And we have lost a lot of trust with her because of many things that have been misdiagnosed with Layla. I can't blame her for Layla's paralysis, but she did tell us there was no use taking her to emergency when we first realized she had a problem (and she was still walking at that point), and to just keep her at home for the night and bring her in for a day of observation at her clinic the next day. Even after she lost use of her legs in the middle of the night, the vet wanted us to bring her back in the morning. I trusted her too much - she was sure it was something else. But I am pretty sure that Layla would still be walking today if I followed my gut instinct and had drove to the city in the middle of the night to take her in to emergency at the university vet hospital. This vet also misdiagnosed a bladder infection earlier this year, ran a variety of tests that cost almost triple what we later paid at the university when the infection was getting really serious.

Anyways, we had decided we'll take Layla to the university vet clinic for any of her care, and we'd just go to our local vet for vaccinations. I guess that is a money grab too!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!