View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #18
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msyorktown View Post
Thank you so much Tracy...my heart just shattered into a million pieces when I read the opening post! It brought back alot of memories, I have no doubt that the man meant to kill me bc at the time, and I quote ' I'm not done with you yet, dont bother calling the police bc by the time they get here it will be too late!' My youngest son is now 21 years old, he was 6 at the time...these young ones are the ones I worry about.
I have no doubt that the three year old is having nightmares...poor baby, mommy was getting hurt and she couldn't do anything to stop it.
My two boys are sooooo protective of me...my youngest got suspended from school when he as in Iowa, bc some girl said something about me!
First of the girl does not know me and second my son didn't touch her but felt the need to 'confront' her. Defending my honour so to speak. Shouting match ensued...she felt 'threatened', hence the suspension!
This piece of scum needs to be behind bars for the rest of his natural life!!
As I said I dont know the justice system down there, but I will say my ex had 9 charges against him including attempted murder, he pled guilty to 7...he got 6mths!!!! Yup you read that right, 6mths!!
I can only assume that the law is not as lenient as they seem to be up here.
I feel for the older girl and your daughter, I know first hand how difficult this is for both girls. You just being there is what is needed for all involved (except the perpetrater). Counselling is going to be needed and on-going....to this day I still belong to a support group for Domestic Violence victims, I also run one that I started at my place of employment.
I was suprised as to the number of women who came and spoke to me after they had heard of my ordeal....I felt a support group was needed.

I applaud your friends' nephew, although I don't condone violence...this was warranted, my sister nearly did the same thing when he my ex) showed up in court and smirked at her. Her husband (my BIL) had to hold her back...um and he (BIL) is a police officer!

I dont understand how these men (using the term very lightly) figure if they can't control a woman, then hey just beat the tar out of them, or worse kill them! I will never understand that at all!
This is an issue that is very close to my heart and it saddens me when I hear of yet another victim....I can't tell you how happy I am that she survived...no doubt, like me she knew her kids needed her!
That and the Lord above saw me through. Sorry for the long post...just had to tell you my thoughts....Praying for this young family and all the other victims out there that we don't know about, that suffer in silence.
Jacqui, I cannot imagine what you have been through. Reading your posts on this thread are terrifying. I can't believe the lack of justice in your case or imagine how you deal with it all and stay sane and those children of yours, too - how they've made it through all of this. Your story is certainly shocking and so scary and how you have kept yourself together and gone on in life is remarkable. You are one strong lady, I can tell from your words. I hope that you have found some peace and happiness since all the horror. The Lord has surely been with you through some of the worst this world has to offer. Thank you for sharing and helping others to understand, confront and vote for those who believe in strong laws/punishment for any kind of domestic abuse.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!