View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #9
Harrysmum
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
I was concerned when I first brought Buster home that he would bond more with Jack my roommate than me. Jack is one of those people that animals and small children just love. It's not that I did not want Buster to love Jack I just wanted to be the one he bonded with more. He was my first dog and I wanted to make sure I was doing the right things in training so I hired an animal behaviorist/trainer. Jack was not involved with the lesson so I asked the trainer for advice on bonding. He told me to spit in Buster's food as my saliva would indicate to Buster that I was the alpha food provider, like a mother bird feeding it's baby. I was a little uncomfortable at first with the spitting idea but it did seem to work in my case. He loves us both but I am just a little more special. I am sorry about the loss of your sweet Gizmo and of your battle with cancer.
Hugs and Best wishes.
Do you know, in 40+ years of 'owning' (!!!) dogs - I've never, ever heard of spitting in their food (as a mother bird, of course, would)....and yet in reality it should make perfect sense....

I'm gobsmacked that I've never heard or thought of it before........does it work for everyone? Sally + Harry x
Harrysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!