Thread: car safety
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #13
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottiesyrky View Post
This looks great if you need a multipurpose carrier/car seat. Also it is very expensive, almost $200 !! Does not appear to be as stable or comfortable a car seat as the others mentioned, if it is to be used a lot. But again it depends what is right for your individual pet needs. Also not all dogs are comfortable in carriers, but they are very safe.
I must admit though that a multiuse item has many advantages as I have cupboards filled with separate carriers/beds, etc. LOL!
Hope all our suggestions help the original member's quest for the ideal system.
My Sydney, (whom I lost to chronic renal failure at the age of nearly 15 years, on 2/28/2011) loved the back-pak-o-pet.

She actually would get in it, herself, when we were preparing to go on a trip. LOL

And my tiny Kia just loves her lavender tote-o-pet. It has a soft, cushioned tray in the bottom, and we give her a baby blanket and she cuddles up and goes to sleep.

Sometimes, she will sit up and watch out the window.

They don't "look" comfortable, from the picture, but they are really very comfortable. Celltei has designed them with supports inside, so they don't collapse on the pet.

They have lots of screened windows for ventilation, and also roll down flaps for privacy, and warmth, if it is cold.

Yes, you're right, they are expensive, but, they do serve a multi-use, and the quality is unsurpassed.

It really is very stable. It secures very well to the seat in in our Jeep Grand Cherokee. We pull a 26' travel trailer, and the carrier doesn't even jiggle.

Celltei sells fluffy pads, and other accessories, such as the seatbelt strap, etc.

I have a fluffy black and white pad for the back-pak-o-pet.

I agree, it's good to offer options. Everyone has different needs.

I like that I can use it as a car seat, and then, a carrier if I am shopping, etc.

I love the zippered top opening, because Kia likes to sit up, and her weight is balanced more so than the type of carrier where the dog has their head out the front.
Yorkieville200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!